Tuesday, October 15, 2013

escape

"faithless is he who says farewell when a road darkens."
-JRR Tolkien

   We, as a race, are split in two when it comes to adventure.  People say that adventure is good.  Thats how things are discovered, how changes are made, where progress can stem from.  Those same people are bound to say that adventure is great, but not today.  i don't have time

   People should get lost more often.  You can find yourself out there.  If you have done all you can do in the world you live in, leave that world, and work on yourself.  Get lost.  You might find something.  I have been lost now for a while.  I left my home, my comfort, my daily grind.  I came here to get away from people, but I ended up getting away from everything.  Ive made a new life.
new day over the Congo

   Adventure isn't as dangerous as it sounds in books or movies.  There is no horror at the down the river.  Natives aren't lurking behind every tree waiting to put a spear in your chest.  Joseph Conrad was right about one thing though, you will be different once you reach the Heart of Darkness.  But that's not always a bad thing. 
             I came to escape.  And I found escape. 

No comments:

Post a Comment