Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Sidewalk

This wasn't the first place I stopped.  To get this far away from where you started, you must undertake quite a journey. 

idyllic islands, shabby settlements, and crowded cities

You will even meet people along the way.  Some you wish you could bring with you, others you will add to the long list of people to avoid. 
A map of connections that ever spreading out from your central path begins to look like the branches of a tree.  Like in Deleuze and Guattari, my story is made of "variously formed matters."  Everything that is done, or seen, or experienced, influences the outcome and is connected to the outcome.  Its not just a trip, it might become a growing experience.  An enlightening experience.  Peace is worth it.  Bettering yourself is worth it.  I am better for it, I have traveled through the madness of the unknown world. Now, I have arrived at my peace.  At my solitude. 

Traveling, looking for peace, you may find yourself in the heart of the confusion.  Searching through foreign lands with foreign people for a way out, and eventually finding it.  To others it may be home, but on your journey, it is another experience that you make you appreciate the destination more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment